Defence Industry Policy Division was established in December 2015 to inform and improve how Defence approaches industry engagement. The division has responsibility for effective implementation of the government's approach to defence industry policy and creation of a strategy-led program of industry engagement and innovation. The division also manages Australian export controls.
Ms Kate Louis, First Assistant Secretary Industry Policy Division
- Vision and purpose of the 2016 Defence Industry Policy Statement (DIPS)
- Foundational elements of the DIPS, including the Defence innovation system
- Achievements, 12 months on from release of the DIPS
Andrew Garth, General Manager, Centre for Defence Industry Capability, Department of Industry, Innovation & Science
- The role of the Centre for Defence Industry Capability (CDIC) and how industry can access expert advisory services.
Benjamin Hayes, Assistant Secretary, Defence Capability and Innovation Branch
- The Innovation Hub, investment priorities and operations including the new innovation contract and IP framework.
Matt Ramage, Assistant Secretary, Defence Industry Branch
- Australian Industry Capability Plan, Defence Industry Skilling Strategy, Sovereign Industrial Capabilities and the Defence Export Strategy.