KBRwyle has been selected by the US Army Contracting Command (ACC) as a prime contractor on an indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract, which has a base period of five years plus four option years.
"This contract is an important opportunity for KBRwyle to expand on its existing technical and IT-related work with the US Army," said Byron Bright, president, KBR government services US.
"We understand the importance of technology-based solutions and on-demand access to information, and look forward to supplying these state-of-the-art IT services to support the warfighter and the Army's global mission."
The contract is anticipated to be the US Army's prime source of IT-related services across the globe, and is managed by Army's Computer Hardware, Enterprise Software and Solutions (CHESS) program.
KBRwyle said it would offer solutions and support in "several IT areas" due to the contract's wide scope of services.
- Cyber security;
- Supply chain management; and
- Business process engineering.
These services will assist the US Army in meeting its global infrastructure requirements.
KBR employs over 30,000 people in more than 75 countries, including operations in 40 companies, to provide "differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and hydrocarbons sectors".
KBR operates across "three synergistic global businesses":
- Government services, including capabilities that cover the full life cycle of defence, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics;
- Technology, including proprietary technology focused on the monetisation of hydrocarbons (especially natural gas and natural gas liquids) in ethylene and petrochemicals; ammonia, nitric acid and fertilisers; oil refining and gasification; and
- Hydrocarbons services, including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilisers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services.