Showcase your account management and customer relationship development ability while growing your business development skills to contribute to the growth and future direction of our company.
About BMT Defence and Security
BMT is a leading engineering and project management consultancy, delivering world class innovative solutions within the Defence, maritime and transport sectors. We provide access to exciting and challenging projects, with opportunities for our people to expand their expertise and shape the industries in which we work.
As a company we are dedicated to building lasting client focused relationships. Our people are continuously improving themselves and our business to provide our clients with technically excellent and innovative solutions. We enjoy a collaborative and inclusive working environment, and maintain our integrity at all times.
Joining our team gives you access to our world class engineers and project managers, in an environment where new ideas are encouraged and nurtured. We are an employee benefit trust which means that our profits go directly back to our people through continued development and profit sharing.
Our employees enjoy:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Flexible work arrangement
- A culture of diversity and innovative thinking
Reporting to the Business Development Director, you will work to increase the profitability and sustainability of the business by:
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing strategic key account relationships for the benefit of current and future business;
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the Australian Naval, and wider, Defence market;
- Implementing the agreed campaign strategy for the Design, Engineering, Consulting, Advisory, Technical, Innovation and Asset Performance markets;
- Identifying business opportunities and collaborating with all Leads within BMT to position the company with appropriate, innovative solutions; and
- Leading the capture of qualified and agreed prospects in conjunction with all Business Leads.
You will coordinate and analyse the Ships, Submarines and Sustainment markets and prospects to provide a comprehensive understanding of synergistic opportunities for the BMT range of offerings. You will liaise with Business Leads to ensure that they are aware of potential opportunities, particularly in the area of current company government framework contracts, focused in Canberra, to enhance our reputation and grow future orders.
There is an option for the role to be part time for the right candidate. Days and hours to be negotiated.
Demonstrating a desire to build meaningful client relationships, you will work across all stakeholder levels to ensure high performance in achieving business targets.
We are looking for someone with experience in:
- Establishing new business relationships and ongoing management of clients (Key Accounts);
- Converting leads and opportunities to orders by use of consultative selling;
- Developing strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders using principles of Key Account Management;
- Market analysis;
- Strategic positioning and planning;
- Capture planning and execution; and
- Contract negotiation and management.
You will have:
- Account Management/Business development experience within the defence or similar sector;
- The ability to establish, build and develop effective business relationships (essential);
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills;
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Experience in contract management (commercial or contract law qualifications would be considered favourably);
- Knowledge of the Australian Defence market would be well regarded but not mandatory; and
- A drive to grow both personally and professionally.
Candidates are required to hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence security clearance.
Applications must include:
- Job ID: DC158928
- A short cover letter outlining your experience and capabilities
- An up-to-date CV outlining relevant qualifications, work experience and at least two professional referees