- Apply your talent where it counts
- Engage in strategic pursuits across the maritime market
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
BAE Systems Australia has a rare opportunity for a highly ambitious and driven maritime business development professional to join the team located at the Canberra-based national headquarters.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We’re continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We’re finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As a critical member of the Business Development team, you will be responsible for the leadership of strategic pursuits across the maritime market in line with BAE Systems’ growth strategy. This will include a requirement to:
- Identify, qualify and pursue profitable opportunities within the Australian Defence shipbuilding and sustainment market
- Leverage existing relationships and networks within the maritime customer community to validate opportunities, gather intel, shape program requirements and position BAE Systems for success
- Influence the development of BAE systems’ products and solutions to ensure they meet and exceed customer requirements
- Represent the company at Australian Defence and industry exhibitions, social events and forums
- Drive the continued evolution of the BAE Systems’ maritime strategy and its effective implementation across the company
- As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- A driven and dynamic nature, a high level of commercial acumen and a focus on delivering results
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and people management skills
- Experience within the Australian Defence environment, particularly the Naval Shipbuilding and Sustainment industry, ideally through prior service with the Royal Australian Navy
- Demonstrated experience in sales and business development
- A strong network within Defence and an ability to build relationships with new stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Ability to work autonomously and manage competing priorities
- Ability to travel domestically approximately once per month
What we offer
- A rare opportunity to join a highly professional team and pay a vital role in the continued growth of one of Australia’s largest and most innovative companies
- Excellent opportunities for training, professional development and career progression
- A state of the art office environment well located in Barton close to our Defence customer
BAE Systems’ advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it’s safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Sinead Booth – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.