- Apply your talent where it counts to help transform future Defence needs into reality
- Be part of the development of cutting edge technologies in support of Australia’s Airpower and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance capabilities
- The opportunity to make a difference and thrive within our strong team culture as part of the biggest Defence company in the Country
BAE Systems Australia has a rare opportunity for an ambitious and driven business development professional to join our team. Location of this role is flexible.
We’re continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We’re finding new and flexible ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As a member of the Business Development team, you will be responsible for the management of strategic capability pursuits, including disruptive technologies and autonomous systems, within domestic and international Defence markets. This will include a requirement to:
- Develop, cultivate and maintain relevant customer, partner and supplier relationships across the domestic and international Defence and industry network
- Effectively position BAE Systems Australia for the successful development of qualified prospects for pursuit in Australia and overseas including Next Generation Weapons, Autonomous Systems, High Frequency Systems and Aircraft Sustainment and Training capabilities
- Participate in strategy development and ensure campaigns remain aligned with the evolving needs of the Australian Defence Force
- Maintain competitor, contact and market intelligence data sources
- Represent the company and lead engagement in forums such as Trade Shows, Industry Events and Customer Engagement activities, including with senior Government and Defence officials
- Build effective relationships with colleagues from across the Industry along with key stakeholders of BAE Systems in Australia, US and the UK
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- A driven and dynamic nature and a focus on market leading outcomes
- A passion for leading edge technology and a thirst for knowledge and personal growth
- The ability to develop a strong network within the Defence enterprise
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of Airpower and the capabilities that underpin it
- Demonstrated experience in business development and/or Defence Capability Development and Acquisition process
What we offer
- An opportunity to join a highly professional and dynamic team and play a vital role in the continued growth of one of Australia’s largest and most innovative companies
- A dynamic working environment where no two days are the same
- Exposure to leading edge technologies
- Excellent opportunities for training, professional development and career progression
- Opportunities to travel domestically and internationally
- A competitive package and a positive work life balance
BAE Systems’ advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it’s safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Sinead Booth – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.