Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Thomas Global Systems is an industry leader in the design, production and support of innovative electronic systems solutions for aerospace and defence applications. Since 1956, the Company has gained international recognition for practical innovation and dependability. Thomas Global delivers expertise in avionics, armoured vehicle electronics and mission system solutions from its facilities in Irvine, California and Sydney, Australia.
We are currently recruiting the role of Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to be based in our Sydney offices. Reporting to the CEO and as a key member of the Executive Team, the CFO will have primary responsibility for the planning, implementation and management of all group finance activities. This is a rare opportunity to join a highly respected Australian-based aviation and defence technology group with international customers and operations.
- Strategically partner with the Group’s leadership team to drive profitable growth through analysis, influencing, and action on risk assessment, contracting excellence, pricing, profitability, and cost control
- Oversee all accounting, forecasting, budgeting, AR/AP, ERP functions in Australia and USA
- Oversee preparation and ensure the accuracy of all financial statements and ensure strong program and project financial controls
- Provide leadership to expand ROI through efficient deployment of financial resources
- Provide thought leadership in effective risk mitigation processes, estimating, and project accountability to budgets
- Procure and manage insurance of all kinds
- Support pricing activities for new business, in collaboration with our business development and operations staff, to improve win probabilities while positioning the team for delivery excellence
- Lead reporting, forecasting, and annual/long-range planning processes, including providing financial targets for profitable growth and proactive analysis of financial statements for opportunities to increase income
- Perform market, customer, and project analysis to proactively identify both new opportunities and potential risks to future business performance
- Lead and manage the company’s cash flow models and provide analysis and recommendations whenever needed in support of programs, investments, contract negotiations, etc.
- Provide oversight for the development of accounting standards and controls
- Provide commercial support across the organization, including in contract/sub-contract negotiation and management
- Manage transfer pricing policy and implementation
- Solid financial background with significant experience in operational management and contract negotiation
- Experience that demonstrates strong analytical skills
- At least 10 years of experience in various financial, accounting, or other relevant business positions
- Experience in a contracting organization or similar project-based environment including working with Earned Value Management, Cost Accounting Standards, pricing and managing cost-based proposals/contracts
- Exceptional engagement skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated understanding of defence and/or aerospace industry and related regulations
- PMP and/or a certification in project management
- Knowledge of US accounting standards
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Current Chartered Accountant or CPA
- MBA or Master 's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
LOVE GOING TO WORK:
We live our values and value our people. Our culture is vibrant and unique; our office is open and collaborative. Maybe you’d like to participate in a game of tennis? Or head to the kitchen for drinks, fresh fruit and more. In addition to great office perks, Thomas Global Systems offers an attractive salary and benefits package, friendly colleagues and paid days off to support charity. We are proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.