Nova Systems is a Professional Service Provider, specialising in the provision of engineering and management services, providing industry and government with world class independent expertise in delivering complex projects and solving technologically challenging problems.
Nova Systems is providing substantial services to a number of Navy capabilities and Australian Defence Maritime projects, including but not limited to: Submarines, Major Surface Combatants, Amphibious and Afloat Support. Specific projects include SEA1390 (FFG Upgrade), SEA4000 (Hobart-class AWD), JP2048 (Canberra-class LHD), SEA1180 (OPV) and SEA1000 (FSM).
Nova Systems is absolutely committed to assisting our clients; this commitment is reflected in all of the services we offer to the Navy, Maritime Systems Division and across all Defence Maritime activities.
About the Opportunity:
Nova has an immediate opportunity in its Maritime Program for a Combat Systems Engineer to support a major Maritime Acquisition Project in Canberra. You will join a team in the Special Ships Acquisition Branch reporting to the Engineering Manager with responsibility for all aspects of the platform Combat System. Activities will include the review of engineering artefacts and tender documentation, input to and conduct of product design reviews and provide of advice on system V&V and Acceptance T&E activity. This is an exciting opportunity in a dynamic acquisition project.
Ideally, you’ll have experience in one or more of the following technical disciplines;
- Combat Systems T&E;
- Combat Systems Requirements;
- Combat Systems (Communications);
- Combat Systems (Tactical / Weapons Control);
- Combat Systems (Sonar);
- Combat Systems (Navigation and Imaging).
What we would like from you:
- Australian Citizen with current or recently suspended AGSVA clearance (NV1 preferred);
- Bachelor of Engineering - Combat Systems or Electrical (if from overseas must be recognised by Engineers Australia);
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Defence Naval / Maritime environment (preferred but not mandatory);
- Previous RAN experience (Engineering) disciplines would be highly regarded;
- Previous CASG or SPO experience would be highly regarded;
- Have a passion for consulting and the Defence industry;
- Motivated with a solution focused approach to problem solving with strong interpersonal skills;
- Familiar with Seaworthiness;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent client management/stakeholder engagement skills;
- Commitment to on-going professional development.
What is it like to work with us?
As a professional services firm, we recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. At Nova we work on some pretty interesting, diverse and at times highly complex projects. We ensure employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the support to perform to the best of their ability in the safest possible manner.
We commit to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience and develop professionally. Everyone at Nova can expect open, direct communication from their leaders and peers. Everyone at Nova can expect to be rewarded for their efforts.
We commit to providing equal opportunities to all Novan’s, and recognise that honesty, fairness, mutual respect and the responsible exercise of power are fundamental to achieving equity for all.
What you get beyond the pay cheque?
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Systems has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Serena in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.