About the company
SAFRAN Electronics and Defense Australasia (SEDA), a SAFRAN high-tech company, holds world leadership positions in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets.
This is a brand new chance to join the market-leading, Australian subsidiary of a multinational aerospace, defence and security organisation currently located at Bankstown Airport, with an expected move into new facilities in Botany at the end of 2018.
About the role
The Contracts Manager will work with the Sales & Marketing team at Safran Electronics & Defense Australasia (SEDA) to support the development of complex bid submissions including the support of contract negotiations.
The Contracts Manager will also be responsible for the implementation of contracts in conjunction with the relevant program manager, and assist in monitoring existing contract performance and compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful execution and management of contracts
- Proactively identify, manage and report on contract obligations, risks and issues, including those that may have a commercial impact and mitigate or negotiate accordingly
- Ensure correspondence is complete, correct and communicated within the required timeframes
- Initiate, draft and execute contracts in accordance with the appropriate approval policy, and engaging subject matter experts as required
- Ensure contract compliance in accordance with the relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Proactively communicate across multi discipline technical/sales team
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in business, commerce, or law are preferred
- Experience in commercial, contract and financial management
- Demonstrated internal and external stakeholder management skills
- An understanding of the Commonwealth procurement process, the systems engineering process and the related Australian Defence Contracting Suite (ASDEFCON)
- Experience in a similar role, in Defence Industry, successfully managing commercial contracts and negotiations
- Must have or be able to attain Australian Defence Security clearance to NV1
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- A self-motivating team player
- An excellent eye for detail
- Strategic thinking, commercial and financial acumen
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to handle face to face negotiations
- Authoritative knowledge in the areas of contract, negotiation and problem resolution
- Ability to plan, monitor and control contracts
- Ability to effectively prioritise and manage tasks in a high pressure environment
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proactive, Autonomous, Rigorous, Organised
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Applications for this role will only be accepted if submitted through the below link:
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number CM0718