- Outstanding career opportunity to work for a global organization which supports flexible working arrangements
- Diverse & dynamic role working across innovative projects
- Richmond, VIC based with on-site parking provided
BAE Systems is Australia’s most versatile Defence and Security Company. We have produced some of the world’s most successful guided weapons and ship air defence systems, used by various NATO nations.
The Weapon Systems business is a hub of innovation and exciting projects. As a member of the team, you will be at the cutting edge technologically in a number of areas including Electronic Warfare, Guidance Navigation and Control and Safety Critical Software. As a Corrosion Engineer, you will play an integral role within the business with the opportunity to utilise your experience whilst continuing to grow and develop professionally. You will be part of an inclusive and supportive team at our Richmond office which is also easily accessible by public transport and close to other facilities.
As a Corrosion Engineer, you will work closely with a team of experts and be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Identifying and determining prognostic algorithm requirements and priorities
- Analysing test findings and making practical conclusions for prognostic algorithm refinement
- Documenting test findings and participating in prognostic algorithm reviews
- Preparing and executing test protocols where appropriate
- Writing publications, papers as well supporting trials and formal deployment of corrosion management systems
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- An engineering degree qualification coupled with relevant experience in algorithm engineering
- An understanding of algorithm principles coupled with having a mathematical background
- Strong problem solving skills with a passion for innovation
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the business
- Whilst not essential, experience with MATLAB Simulink or other software programming tools will be highly regarded
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian Citizens and be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is also applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. . Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Zoe Ferguson, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at:https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html