- Apply your talent where it counts
- Flexible work practices and the opportunity to be part of a project of national and global significance
- Permanent and full time position with on-going career development
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
- The location for this role is temporarily considered “remote” due to the current requirements for Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Typically this role is based in Garden Island (Potts Point), Sydney.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Cyber Security Engineer in our team in Garden Island (Potts Point), Sydney.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We’re continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We’re finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia. Hear about our Return to Site Plan here:
About the Opportunity
An opportunity has arisen for a committed Cyber Security Engineer to provide their cyber security engineering expertise and make a valuable contribution on the DDG naval ship program within our Maritime Sustainment business. Reporting to the Combat Systems Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to join a united and engaging team, and will join our business in an exciting time on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Effectively implement the cyber worthiness activities and the DDG naval ship program cyber security management plans
- Ensure the DDG naval ship program is complying with the Australian Defence Force and Australian Navy cyber worthiness governance framework
- Develop, coordinate and manage the cyber security plans and procedures and provide updates to stakeholders
- Assess cyber impacts of engineering change proposals
- Champion cyber worthiness and cyber security best practice throughout the DDG enterprise
- Manage the cyber risk register and provide cyber security reports
- Collaborate and develop strong business relationships with customers, suppliers and stakeholders
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- Cyber security engineering/product security engineering experience and an understanding of cyber security principles
- Cyber security risk management experience and an understanding or exposure of cyber security standards
- Relevant tertiary degree
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate and articulate cyber security to a variety of stakeholders
- A flexible and practical minded approach, and driven to improve current process and solve problems
Whilst not essential, Maritime or Defence industry experience will be highly regarded.
Don’t meet every criteria listed above? Don’t worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems’ advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it’s safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.