About the Role
In this newly created role, you will be responsible for all security matters that relate to the evolving field of defence research and education across UniSA. Reporting to the Director: Defence and Space and with a functional reporting line to the Deputy Vice Chancellor: Research and Enterprise, you will develop, implement and maintain an appropriate management, governance and risk framework to ensure the University’s compliance with defence industry security requirements across governance, personnel security, physical security and information/cyber security disciplines.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
The Research and Enterprise Portfolio works across both research and education at the university to develop research and development alliances, particularly with the defence industry in order to support the development of education projects that offer a graduate pipeline for the Defence and Space sectors.
UniSA is a leading university in the defence sector and this appointment is a key element of our defence sector strategy.
- Lead UniSA’s defence security strategy and compliance on behalf of the Deputy Vice Chancellor Research and Enterprise
- Manage the University’s membership of the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP)
- Provide management and oversight of governance and annual reporting requirements related to defence security accreditation
- Implement a security risk framework that includes development of policies, plans and procedures
- Establish and maintain strong networks with key stakeholders and organisations to maintain a corporate awareness of the security environment.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience and specialist knowledge of governance, personnel security, physical security, and information/cyber security that relates to defence
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a defence or defence industry setting with knowledge of defence security concepts and experience in the provision of complex security advice within the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP) framework.
- Experience in the development and implementation of processes and compliance related to security governance and controls
- Experience with security issues at application, operating system and networking levels of a complex IT environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP)
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Competitive salary negotiated under the Enterprise bargaining agreement
- Generous superannuation contributions of up to 17%
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance and a variety of leave arrangements
- Various on-site services available at our campuses, which may include on-site gym membership
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Jade Windsor, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 2483.
Applications close: 11.30pm Monday 31 August 2020
Applications are welcomed from Australian citizens only. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory National Police Check (NPC) and Personnel Security Clearance at NEGATIVE VETTING LEVEL 1 being obtained and maintained.