- Apply your talent where it counts
- This is an exceptional opportunity to provide executive leadership to an award winning maritime sustainment defence project
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Deputy Enterprise Program Manager with our Hobart Class Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) program in Garden Island, NSW.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As the Deputy Enterprise Program Manager, you will provide executive leadership to the DDG program team to successfully execute the Contract. As an experienced Senior Project Manager, you will work collaboratively with the Navy, CASG and Subcontractors across the Destroyer Enterprise and be accountable for all aspects of program delivery. In more specific terms you will:
- Ensure that the DDG program team achieves the required performance in terms of schedule, budget and scope as required by the Contract and as directed by the Enterprise Program Manager
- Lead the Project Office team responsible for program planning, Enterprise risk management, cost schedule analysis
- Ensure collaboration with the Business Operations Manager, to ensure that quality and safety management services satisfy the Contract and that they are in accordance with quality and performance parameters
- Ensure that all members of the DDG program team are engaged in understanding and proactively managing their contribution to the execution of the Contract
- Carry out Project Reviews as required by the Contract, BAE Company review requirements and as required by the Enterprise Program Manager
- Capture and monitor program opportunities and risks and develop mitigation strategies in support of the program delivery
- Ensure delivery of enterprise Governance and Assurance obligations as specified by the Operational Framework and/or contracted obligations
- Work in conjunction with the Enterprise lead team to identify Continuous Improvement opportunities, develop process improvements and implement solutions
- Engage and support stakeholders at all levels of the Program to actively facilitate and promote innovation and process improvement
- Provide direction and motivation to the DDG Program team on a daily basis and to ensure performance and ongoing professional development of the team
- Support the DDG Lead Team and provide effective leadership to support the Enterprise Program Manager
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering, project management, or demonstration of equivalent capability developed through professional experience.
- Significant senior project management experience within the defence industry, ideally within the maritime sustainment domain
- Experience in the development and delivery of systems/products, where these may be complex in nature
- An ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
- Excellent negotiation skills to be able to influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- An ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of difference audiences is critical to this role
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Executive Recruitment and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au