About the Company
This is an outstanding opportunity to join the market-leading subsidiary of a multinational aerospace, defence and avionics organisation currently located at Bankstown Airport with an expected move to Botany late 2018
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
About the role
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for all engineering activities including design, development and support of maintenance services for defence (Navy & Army) and avionics systems including navigation, optronics and observation systems.
The Engineering Manager will work closely with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) design authority and with both business development and customer support teams.
The Engineering Manager is to develop a continuous engineering improvement plan which includes obsolescence and configuration management, supportability & engineering analysis including total cost of ownership and technical regulatory requirements.
The objective is to ensure efficient engineering support coordination between Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) design authority, business development team, maintenance support team and Customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage engineering services including design, development and support of maintenance services for defence
- Develop, harmonize, adapt and maintain skills knowledge transfer with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) Design Authority
- Analyse engineering supportability and total cost of ownership
- Ensure technical regulatory requirements and standards are met
- Develop policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed standard activities and maintenance instructions
- Perform routine engineering support
- Develop product specific training plan and associated Training Support Material
- Ensure & maintain Customer relationship for engineering services and manage engineering queries
- Perform technical data analysis, provide detailed technical reports and answer engineering queries when required
- Assist the Program and Supply Manager in developing Australian Industry Capability plan to provide solutions in enabling local capability implementation through transfer of technology
- Attend program review (internal & external) and provide engineering services plan updates
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering Degree (Bachelor with 5-year experience or Master degree) in Engineering Management or Aerospace & Defence Systems Engineering
- Proven experience Engineering Management & planning
- Good level of knowledge of Gyro-stabilized Sighting Systems including optics, optronic, electronics, electrical and mechanical elements
- High level of competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Access and Project
- Experience in technical documentation and processes IAW Quality Standards AS/NZS9001, AS/NZS9110, and AS/NZS14001 framework
- Experience within the Defence industry for optronic and electronics systems
- Skills and knowledge on critical manufacturing processes, methods and quality (airworthiness/seaworthiness)
- Must be able to attain Australian Defence Security clearance to NV1
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the enterprise
- Effective, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to plan, monitor and control projects
- French speaker would be advantageous
How to Apply:
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Applications for this role will only be accepted if submitted through the below link:
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number EM0618
Please note it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer to submit your application