Northrop Grumman is a leading global defence security organisation that makes a real contribution to our nation’s security. We provide innovative systems, products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, space, strike, logistics and modernisation to customers worldwide.
We have a significant footprint in Australia underpinned by a growing workforce of more than 500 personnel across the country. For more than two decades, we've been engaged in a wide variety of defence and civil programs in Australia.
Our cyber and intelligence specialists are uniquely positioned to meet the nation’s evolving security needs. Leveraging advanced, full-spectrum cyber capabilities, we deliver critical information when and where it is needed to keep our Australian government and Australian Defence Force customers better informed, connected and secure.
Right now, we're looking for an experienced and high performing Engineering Manager to join our team in a permanent capacity.
What you'll be responsible for as an Engineering Manager within Northrop Grumman:
- Managing the tasks allocated to the technical team and, with the Project Manager, ensure as far as possible that all tasks necessary for the proper conduct of the project are completed correctly and on schedule;
- Coach/mentoring and leading a diverse technical team through program completion;
- Developing, maintaining and adhering to the SEMP. Ensuring that the technical team understands and complies with the SEMP;
- Supporting the functional managers of all staff in the technical team to appropriately allocate tasks, manage leave, timesheets, training career development and performance management;
- Providing guidance as required to the team with respect to best practice systems engineering, cyber systems development and information assurance;
- Working with the Chief Engineer to ensure that all engineering and other mandated corporate procedures are complied with;
- Accurately record time through company time keeping systems;
- Innovating processes to drive compliance, accountability, and security.
What we're looking for in an ideal candidate:
- Bachelors and/or masters level qualifications in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and grow high performing technical teams.
- Proven experience ensuring the technical quality, performance, budget (cost), schedule and risk and opportunity for engineering teams on programs.
- Experience reporting weekly metrics to PM and senior leadership that accurately depicts the technical progress, status and health of the program. Examples include burn down verses plan of technical risk, integration completion, defects, tests completed, and staffing.
- Experience managing the Engineering environment, as specified by the needs of the engineering team, to quickly remove blockers and meet program objectives. Examples include tools, hardware, software and other resources.
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of systems engineering in the context of ICT-based systems
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills to manage team tasking
- Working experience in an ASDEFCON complex project environment
- Experience working within a Technical Regulatory Framework
- Demonstrated experience with a security accreditation framework
- Experience integrating systems developed using agile and/or incremental development models.Experience developing test execution scenarios for various types of tests such as load, stress, duration/endurance, and run tests.
- Experience documenting test results and developing custom made summary reports to satisfy both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Competent using HP ALM (Quality Centre).
Why Northrop Grumman?
We’re entering an exciting period of significant investment and progress in Australia, which means growth and opportunity for us and for you. You’ll get exposure to operating in unique environments and exciting opportunities to work on cutting-edge technology and capabilities.
We’ll also offer…
- Flexible work arrangements – achieve a healthy work/life balance with the opportunity to work a 4.5 day week or 9 day fortnight;
- Professional Development Support – further education, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to Lynda.com;
- Generous maternity & parental leave entitlements;
- Free parking;
- Employee Incentive Program.
If you're interested, reach out! We'd love to hear from you. Please contact Emily Guillot on Emily.email@example.com for any further information.
*All of or intelligence and cyber solutions positions are designated as requiring security clearance. Australian Citizens with current security clearance at a minimum of NV1 (SECRET) are encouraged to apply.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, and encourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply and consider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.