As a result of continued business growth, we are pleased to release this unique opportunity for a General Manager – Engineering and Technical Services to join our Executive Leadership Team in Melbourne.
As a member of the Australian Executive Leadership Team, you will be responsible for strategic leadership of new business development and the safe, effective and efficient delivery of complex programs.
This exciting new role will:
- Be responsible for operational performance, holding full P&L responsibilities and delivering required forecasting, budgeting, reporting and strategic business planning
- Require a strong people focus, supporting our highly engaged culture, demonstrating our values, promoting diversity and inclusion and contributing to initiatives which support the attraction and retention of capability
- Identify and pursue the development of new opportunities to drive revenue and profit growth
- Maintain and build strong customer and partner relationships
- Provide expert advice across the business on defence and industry policy, reports, opportunities and issues as relevant
- Be a visionary and strategic leader with a deep understanding of the Defence industry and the delivery of Engineering and Technical Services
- Show credibility, integrity and high personal ethical standards that align with our QinetiQ values: Collaboration, Integrity and Performance
- Have highly developed leadership and people management skills, with a passion for coaching people and inspiring excellence
- Be driven to achieve growth targets and build meaningful relationships across our organisation globally, with our partners and customers
The position will require the following qualifications & experience:
- Demonstrated experience delivering a successful growth agenda, including successfully developing strategy and executing business development, customer relationship management and delivering operational growth
- A strong network of senior defence and government contacts, providing strategic market insight and supporting strategic relationship management.
- Experience leading large teams and complex programs with over 300 employees and revenue greater than $100m
- Tertiary qualifications in business, an MBA or an appropriate discipline are desirable
For confidential enquiries or to obtain a position description please email: DLCole@qinetiq.com.au
Candidates will need to be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance to NV1 level.
Looking for an Employer with Benefits?
On the hunt for an employer that values loyalty and rewards performance? At QinetiQ, our competitive remuneration and benefits package supports your evolving needs throughout your career. You’ll share in the company’s success, and be rewarded for your own. We’ll invest in your professional development and provide an inclusive environment for you to succeed. Some of our benefits include:
- Individual Professional development allowance
- Flexible work
- Leave purchase
- Loyalty leave
- Individual and company performance bonuses
- Complimentary salary continuance insurance
- Annual volunteering leave with Operation Give Back
A full list of our employee benefits can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits
Our global workforce of more than 6,000 people across 51 locations are dedicated to defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of our customers. Together we deliver mission-critical solutions by combining technological and scientific expertise with Mission-Led Innovation to anticipate and shape Australia’s future security landscape.
In Australia we employ more than 600 people across all States and Territories. QinetiQ is a unique company to be a part of. This uniqueness comes not just from our skills and experience, but through our people first culture and collective commitment to helping our customers protect assets and save lives. Our determination to deliver and improve today, and anticipate and shape tomorrow, makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn.
We are committed to providing a flexible and inclusive environment where our people feel valued and have equal opportunity to contribute and succeed. Aligned with our Gender Equality Strategy and Reconciliation Action Plan we encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Have what it takes to join our team? Apply today!