Position No 1309
About the business
The Australian subsidiary of Rohde & Schwarz has been operating in Australia since 1981. It is part of a global, privately owned company with 12 000 employees worldwide.
Rohde and Schwarz is a company that develops and manufactures electronic goods for Defence, industry, infrastructure operators and government customers.
The independent group is among the technology leaders in integrated communications solutions, including wireless communications and RF test and measurement, broadcast and media, air traffic control and military communications across all domains, cybersecurity and network technology.
Our customers include both government and private organisations. We design, integrate our products, deliver system engineering solutions and provide local calibration and testing service options from our ISO and NATA accredited on-site labs.
About the role
The Head of Tactical Communication Systems will be responsible for the Tactical Communication Systems Market Segments.
The Head of Tactical Communication Systems will;
- develop and sustain trusted Defence, government and industrial relationships through which productive sales and collaborative relationships can be exercised.
- develop and then manage key accounts across Army, ASD, LNIC and other domains as required
- grow the Rohde & Schwarz (Australia) TCO business across acquisition and sustainment programs, including establishing productive innovation and industrial ecosystems and partnerships
- build trusted relationships across Defence, Academia and industry, which prioritizes customer service excellence as a KPI.
- work in close co-ordination, collaboration and strategic alignment with other Government and Defence market segments (Air Traffic Control, Avionics, Naval, Electronic Warfare
- contribute to Rohde & Schwarz (Australia) being synonymous with defence Electro-Magnetic Spectrum Operations (EMSO)
- Be recognized as a thought leader for Tactical Communications solutions
Should you be successful in this role, we will be able to offer you:
- A competitive salary package that includes bonuses, 17.5% annual leave loading and salary continuance insurance;
- Free on-site parking is available as well as being within a great public transport hub that is close to the office;
- Training and development opportunities to keep your skills up-to-date;
- Flexibility for work life balance.
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Army communications technical or operational advocacy experience (required)
- strong technical customer expertise in one environment of secure communications within the Australian Military, Government or Civil sectors
- strong connections to the current Army Communications, ASD, LNIC etc communities (advantageous)
- Be eligible to gain and/or hold an Australian NV1 security clearance
How to Apply
If this sounds like the type of environment in which you thrive in and you would like to play a key role in the growth of Rohde & Schwarz, then we would love to hear from you. Please address how you meet the essential requirements in your cover letter and submit your application and resume via the "Apply for this job" link provided.