- Stable sustainment program within Air Traffic Management domain
- Work closely with customer to provide engineering solution
- Full-time contract ending end of January 2022
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
Apply your talent where it counts as a Lead ICT Engineer in our engineering team based in North Ryde.
Our key program within Air Traffic Management domain has recently gone through detailed design phase and we are looking for an experienced ICT engineer to lead the activities for adapting the design across all remaining sites and focus on investigation and resolution of issues whilst also managing the required documentation.
With a team of 2 engineers reporting into this role, you will be responsible for the ICT technical solution in accordance with the applicable plans, procedures or processes.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Manage and track execution of ICT Engineering activities with respect to Cost, Quality and Schedule requirements
- Lead and manage identification and resolution of issues associated with the execution of ICT activities across the relevant scope of work
- Ensure collection and analysis of relevant ICT metrics to provide timely information on the status of the work, taking appropriate corrective action, as required
- Manage delivery of products through the engineering lifecycle
- Provide oversight and mentoring the project’s ICT engineers
- Interface with other teams on the project ensuring that the broader project team's needs are taken into account
- Responsible for defining and maintaining elements of the project's plans, and performing ICT tasks in accordance with those plans
- Provide input and offer recommendations for improvement of Company processes and procedures
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- Sound demonstrable ICT experience with some exposure to leading a team to deliver a service/product or leading activities ICT domain
- Degree or Diploma in engineering, information technology, computer science or other related area
- Third party certification, such as MCSE, CISSP, CCNA, ITIL Foundation will be a plus
- Active/reinstatable defence Baseline clearance (essential)
- Ability to working across business and functional boundaries with sound customer focus experience
- Strong communication skills
Don’t meet every criteria listed above? Don’t worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens with active/ reinstatable Baseline Defence Security clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.