At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
To meet the needs of our growing business, we welcome applications from experienced ILS Engineers who are looking for their next step into a leadership role.
The Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineer Lead is responsible for leading a team of specialist logistics engineers in the design, development and delivery specialty ILS products in order to achieve the required business performance.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Lead a team of ILS Engineers in the conduct of Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) in line with relevant military standards and document results in a Logistics Support Analysis Record (LSAR)
- Develop and deliver associated ILS products derived from the conduct of a LSA
- Develop and manage a lower level schedule, allocating resources and monitoring and adjusting workload to ensure all related ILS products are developed and delivered to satisfy Statement of Work (SOW) ILS requirements in line with the Master Schedule
- Provide clear and decisive leadership to the ILS Engineering team
- Engage with other integrated product teams to gather suitable data to support the conduct of the LSA
- Prepare for and participate in system design reviews as required
- Provide a weekly status of ILS product development and progress identifying any issues and risks to the program
- Undertake and review the integration and validation of complex support designs including the integration and validation of plans and reports
- Undertake the transition of the logistics support analysis recommendations to align with the support system solution
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Experience in leading a small to medium sized team of ILS engineers in the development of ILS products
- Experience conducting LSA with a focus on Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA)
- Experience in the management and population of an LSAR
- Whilst not essential, experience in a defence acquisition program is preferred
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Brenna Ryan, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html