If you are reading this, you will already know that Defence Connect, Space Connect and Australian Aviation are news and market intelligence platforms for Australia’s defence, national security, space and aviation sectors.
Our brands have disrupted and transformed how this growing community connects with and contributes to the challenges, changes and opportunities impacting the sector.
The scale of audience growth and engagement we have achieved is phenomenal, and we are excited about the massive potential for this portfolio.
As modern journalist / content producer with talent and enthusiasm, now is the perfect time for you to join the Momentum Media team to continue to build the quality, reach and impact of these brands and immerse yourself in this industry.
You’ll use your industry knowledge and journalistic experience to create opportunities for interviews, podcasts and features to produce content across different mediums, reaching our audience across multiple channels.
Specifically, you will;
- Investigate, write and file compelling content that is accurate, timely, and consistent with brand style and voice.
- Regularly propose editorial ideas, news angles and feature suggestions.
- Contribute to podcasts, live presenting and moderate round tables.
- Apply best practice search engine optimisation (SEO) for all digital content.
- Build a personal network of professional contacts and sources which you leverage for news and information.
- Attend relevant industry events, promoting the brand and sourcing new sources and editorial content.
You will be a journalist and content producer with five or more years' experience writing and producing digital content for a business or media platform.
Alongside your writing skills, you will bring audio and video broadcast and facilitation skills as part of your journalist toolkit
You'll be an enthusiastic self-starter who can work independently and, importantly, is not afraid of hard work.
You will be interested in current affairs, national and global politics, national security, defence and/or space industries.
A degree or post-grad qualification in Political Science, Journalism, Defence and/or International Relations would be a great match for this role.
Momentum Media is one of the fastest growing media businesses in Australia - we are highly awarded for our media brands, events, innovation and journalism.
We connect audiences to news, features, insights and events they can’t live without, keeping them better informed and connected to the industries they are part of.
Submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this role. Successful candidates will be contacted for an initial phone/video screen interview.