- Apply your talent where it counts
- On going career development and the opportunity to utilise your logistics engineering and leadership expertise
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
- Do you want to take your coffee breaks by the best view of Sydney Harbour?
Apply your talent where it counts as a Logistics Engineering Lead in our team in Garden Island (Potts Point), Sydney.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We’re continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We’re finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
An opportunity now exists for a talented Logistics Engineering Lead to demonstrate their leadership and logistics engineering expertise within the DDG naval ship program.
You will be part of a great team environment with flexible work practices and will be employed on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Provide effective leadership to the logistics engineering team, ensuring services provided meet business and customer objectives
- Estimate, resource and deliver the logistics engineering effort for allocated work packages
- Provide guidance to the logistic engineering team and allocate activities
- Develop logistics engineering solutions and conduct technical reviews of work packages for approval and release
- Provide logistics engineering advice to the maintenance team and various stakeholders
- Act as the logistics engineering point of contact with customers to understand customer requirements and provide solutions
- Identify and manage technical risk and support risk management reviews
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- Extensive logistics/ILS engineering experience and an understanding of asset management
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team and provide effective leadership, direction and motivation to a team
- Strong customer and stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence and develop effective working relationships
- Self-motivation, proactive and driven to improve current process and solve problems
Whilst not essential, experience with Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM), or Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), or Asset Management Planning System (AMPS) or with Configuration Mangement Tool – Unified (CMTU) will be highly regarded.
Don’t meet every criteria listed above? Don’t worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems’ advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it’s safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.