- Apply your talent where it counts
- On-going career development, onsite parking and the opportunity to work on Australia’s most successful Defence export - Nulka
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Logistics Supportability Engineer - ILS in our team in Richmond, Melbourne.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We’re continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We’re finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
An opportunity now exists for a talented Logistics Supportability Engineer - ILS to demonstrate their Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) engineering expertise and make a valuable contribution on the Nulka program. Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager, you will be part of inclusive and supportive teams, be provided with flexible work practices, and will be employed on a permanent and full time basis. Our Richmond office is easily accessible by public transport and close to other facilities.
This opportunity will see you:
- Conduct Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)/logistics supportability engineering activities in support of projects within the Nulka program
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to assess the reliability of designs and provide ILS engineering advice to a variety of stakeholders
- Conduct ILS engineering analyses to support product and system design decisions, meeting safety and regulatory requirements
- Derive ILS support solution requirements, define the test requirements and participate in design and requirements reviews
- Undertake ILS engineering analyses in accordance with defined standards customer requirements including RAM, LCC, LSA, Level of Repair Analysis, Provisioning analysis, Testability analysis and Training Needs Analysis
- Utilise ILS engineering tools effectively to undertake ILS documentation development and verification
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- ILS or logistics supportability engineering experience and relevant technical/production experience
- Experience with Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) modelling and reports, Logistics Support Analysis, Level of Repair Analysis (LORA), or Provisioning Analysis
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence and develop effective working relationships
- Flexible, practical minded and driven to improve current processes and solve problems
Whilst not essential, Defence industry experience or ILS engineering experience in a product development environment, will be highly regarded.
Don’t meet every criteria listed above? Don’t worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems’ advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it’s safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering,and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.