- Apply your talent where it counts
- Ongoing career development, flexible work practices and opportunity to be part of a project of national and global significance
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
- Do you want to take your coffee breaks by the best view of Sydney Harbour?
Apply your talent where it counts as a Maintenance Coordinator in our team in Garden Island (Potts Point), Sydney.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We’re continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation.We’re finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Opportunities have arisen for two committed Maintenance Coordinators to provide their technical expertise and make a valuable contribution on the DDG naval ship program within our Maritime Sustainment business.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will have the opportunity to join a united and engaging team, and will join our business in an exciting time on a permanent and full time basis.
These opportunities will see you:
- Manage, prioritise and provide materials subcontractor/ship agent repair support for required artefacts for the maintenance delivery of the DDG naval ships
- Provide support with ship maintenance periods and milestone delivery activities
- Review and vet incoming defects/corrective tasks across the DDG naval ships
- Manage the tasking of recommended ship maintenance repair plan work instructions
- Review and approve completed recommended maintenance repair plan tasks
- Review and approve maintenance work instruction development documents
- Provide support to Ship Agents with problem identification reports and with ship task progression completion certificates
- Provide technical advice to stakeholders and support the review of maintenance remediation plan scopes and developed maintenance documents
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- Extensive experience in a relevant technical background such as in electrical, mechanical, electronics or marine/naval systems
- Good computer skills and familiarity with utilising software packages
- Attention to detail, good communication skills with the ability to develop effective relationships with stakeholders
Whilst not essential, maintenance experience within the marine/naval or Defence industry will be highly regarded.
BAE Systems’ advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it’s safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.