We are currently seeking applications from experienced Metrology candidates for an international opportunity.
About the Opportunity
The Metrology Technician is responsible for applying measurement science/mathematics/physics, to develop, document and maintain calibration systems, procedures and methods for electrical, DC/LF, Frequency and Radio Frequency/Microwave, Test Measuring and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE). The Metrology Technician also evaluates new calibration methods and procedures, using statistics to analyse measurement standards and processes, recommends calibration standards and TMDE, maintains calibration laboratory and quality systems and performs laboratory and/or departmental administration and management.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Physics/Electrical/Electronic Engineering qualification (or have significant work experience and demonstrated academic abilities to waiver this educational requirement).
- Sound academic background in Electrical, Electronic Engineering and Mathematics.
- Good knowledge of statistics and the methods of estimating the uncertainty of measurement results.
- Extensive practical experience of calibration of TMDE, including diagnostic and rectification work and have demonstrable knowledge and extensive experience in performing calibrations using primary standards.
Desirable skills and experience include:
- An understanding of the international standard ISO/IEC 17025:2005 “General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”.
- A sound understanding and insight in Electrical disciplines of Time & Frequency, DC/ LF, RF & Microwave, Resistance/Capacitance and AC Conductivity.
- The ability to program using HT Basic, NI Labview, Agilent Vee and associated legacy software to communicate with RS232 or IEEE 488 interfaces would be advantageous.
- A good understanding of Metcal processes and procedures, and a working knowledge of Supply and Maintenance procedures to assist in the internal Quality Control of PCS activities.
- Should have well-developed problem solving skills and the ability to recognise discrepancies and invalid results.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Any queries can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in it for you?
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation and utilities with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed. On successfully securing a role your appointment will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme will also be provided.