- Apply your talent where it counts
- On-going career development and the opportunity to work on a significant and complex Defence program of national significance
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Network Engineer within our Network Engineering team in Edinburgh, Adelaide.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We’re continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can’t be done from home and in those cases, we’re operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We’re finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Project
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of Australian defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security.
Joining to build this complex state-of-the-art Australian capability will provide you with an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
About the Opportunity
Working across JORN’s Acquisition and Sustainment programs, the Network Engineer will be responsible for assisting in the design, development and implementation of an upgraded network environment. While also participating in the day to day management for the efficient operation, and continuous reliability of classified and unclassified LAN and WAN environments.
This interesting and challenging position will report to the Lead Network Engineer and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
In addition, you will:
- Participate in technical discussions on network design and network architecture
- Develop and implement network changes, including creating and updating engineering documentation, drawings and artefacts
- Conduct technical peer reviews of engineering artefacts and proposed configuration changes
- Assist in the pro-active monitoring and maintenance of all existing network infrastructure, participate in fault detection performance monitoring, general systems management and the timely resolution of systems issues
- Provide flexible network support, including some ad hoc out of business hours activities
- Collaborate and establish effective relationships with broad range of project teams and stakeholders
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- Network engineering or Information Communications Technology (ICT) Engineering experience
- Knowledge of network equipment and network monitoring systems
- Demonstrated systems analysis, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- A willingness to provide ad hoc out of business hours support, good communications skills, and the ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders
Whilst not essential, Defence industry experience, a CCNP/CCNA certification, or experience with Cisco or Linux based systems, will be highly regarded.
Don’t meet every criteria listed above? Don’t worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems’ advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it’s safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.