The NSW Government is looking for the next NSW Defence Advocate
The NSW Defence Advocate enables the NSW Government to strategically position business engagement and advocacy efforts to grow the Defence and industry sector in NSW. They will identify new opportunities and promote NSW's key strengths and capabilities to the Department of Defence and Defence prime contractors.
Part of Defence NSW, the NSW Defence Advocate is instrumental in enabling opportunities for globally competitive defence industries to thrive in NSW, now and into the future.
Defence NSW is a dedicated team responsible for executing the NSW Defence and Industry Strategy: Strong, Smart and Connected. Defence NSW supports the implementation of the Global NSW Strategy, which is the NSW Government’s roadmap to growing world-leading industries, creating great places to live and work and connect NSW to the world.
- Drive strategic business engagement and advocacy efforts, identify opportunities and promote NSW’s key strengths and capabilities
- Facilitate Commonwealth investment and global prime contractors to NSW and deliver opportunities for SMEs to participate in Defence projects
- Build strategic relationships, internationally and domestically with Department of Defence, senior ADF personnel and stakeholders, Defence prime contractors, research and innovation institutions, government ministers and relevant industry associations and networks.
- An accomplished leader with strong Defence sector experience, ideally in the services at a senior level combined with industry experience, locally and internationally. Knowledge of existing Defence assets and facilities in NSW would be beneficial
- An exceptional reputation and well-established relationships with a variety of stakeholders within and adjacent to, the Defence sector
- Strong diplomacy and networking skills, underpinned by sound judgement and highly effective influencing and stakeholder management capabilities.
The NSW Defence Advocate is a part-time commitment for 60 to 75 days per year. The position can be either NSW or ACT based.
To apply confidentially, please register your interest with a CV and cover letter at email@example.com
**Please do not click on the Apply Now button **
Closing date: Friday 9 April 2021
For further information contact: Carolyn Soddy 02 9006 3468 or click on the following link