Momentum Media is one of the fastest growing media businesses in Australia and is highly awarded for its media brands, events, innovation and journalism. We connect audiences to news, features, insights and events they can’t live without, keeping them better informed about the industries they are part of.
We are seeking a dynamic sales person to join our team to drive the financial success of our newly launched media title for the burgeoning space sector; Space Connect.
The announcement of the Australian Space Agency is driving a massive growth in the space technology sector that is predicted to triple the Australian space economy to $12bn by 2030 and create 20,000 new jobs!
We are seeking a confident and experienced sales person who has the sophistication to map and develop commercial relationships across the space sector, and manage current relationships with existing clients (including rocket manufacturers, state governments, space surveillance businesses
) to achieve and exceed Space Connect’s media revenue targets.The Role
You'll be an enthusiastic self-starter who can work independently and, importantly, is not afraid of hard work. Specifically, you will:
- Actively seek new sales opportunities by researching the market, cold calling, meetings and presentations, networking and social media;
- Set up meetings with potential clients to determine their business goals;
- Prepare and deliver solutions-focussed sales proposals;
- Negotiate and close deals;
- Produce sales reports and analysis to demonstrate sales performance and uncover sales opportunities;
- Work with Production to coordinate delivery of advertising artwork
- Actively participate in sales meetings; and
- Collaborate with your line manager specifically and the broader sales team as well as across other Momentum Media departments to achieve optimum results for clients.
You will be equipped with;
- Demonstrated individual sales success, preferably outbound or media sales
- Experience in a B2B business development environment
- High standard of written and verbal presentation skills
- Experience of the space, defence, aeronautical or related industry is highly desirable, but not essential.
- Be part of a dynamic business and a collaborative team where your input is encouraged;
- Excellent opportunities to take on new challenges and advance your career;
- A modern office and positive, social workplace culture
- Staff benefits including discount gym membership, media sales team events and other Momentum Media staff events.
Momentum Media people are curious, positive, resilient and driven to find new ways to make our business grow.
to submit your application for the role.