Thomas Global Systems designs, produces and supports innovative electronic systems solutions for aerospace and defense. Since 1956, we have built a global, industry-leading reputation for practical innovation and dependability. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, display technologies and specialized mission systems is strengthened by our dedicated service and worldwide support teams. As a direct result of our work, millions of people rely on our technologies for their safety every day. From our company’s offices and facilities located in Australia and the United States, we support our global customer base as a PARTNER OF CHOICE.
Driven by market-led, practical innovation, a great culture and consistent revenue growth, we are working hard to unleash the full potential of every team member. As a result of our continued business growth and, in particular, the expansion of our Engineering center of excellence in Sydney, we are always looking for passionate engineers who are eager to deliver their best work in a highly collaborative environment offering great benefits. We hire great people and expect great results.
We are seeking a Senior-level Systems Engineer with relevant Defence and/or Maritime engineering experience to join our growing engineering team in Sydney.
In this important role, you will be instrumental in developing and implementing the system engineering life cycle for several high profile defence projects with particular focus on the Maritime space.
This role will enable you to utilise your engineering management skills to manage complex and interesting projects whilst fostering stakeholder relationships and leading junior team members.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide key system engineering activities on Defence maritime projects, including the application of the relevant engineering standards and procedures;
- Stakeholder engagement - build and maintain client relationships;
- Lead, manage and deliver projects;
- Technical document authoring and contributing to tender responses.
The ideal candidate will hit the ground running and be proactive in engaging with the team, tools and program priorities. Combining an aptitude for problem-solving with a practical hands-on approach to 'getting things done', you will have the horsepower to execute a wide variety of complex tasks concurrently. It is expected that you will demonstrate the initiative to work effectively with limited input or direction whilst maintaining the sense of humor and a collaborative attitude necessary to be successful in our fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Tertiary qualification in Electronic Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering or related discipline.
- Able to obtain Australian Government Defence Security Clearance
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional CSEP (INCOSE)
- Current NV1 Security Clearance or ability to obtain.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience developing and integrating systems and complex products
- Fluency in the systems engineering process and its application to the management of complexity and risk reduction
- Experience working within Systems Engineering lifecycle including Verification & Validation of systems
- Experience with authoring/reviewing technical documentation
- Extensive experience in the management of engineering design / technical maintenance
- Strong customer focus and excellent interpersonal skills
- High-level accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with common requirements management, PLM and CM software
- Strong problem-solving techniques and written / verbal communication skills
- Experience with Systems Engineering as it applies to Australian Defence Acquisition
- Experience developing systems and products within a regulated environment such as Aerospace and/or Defence
- System Engineering experience within an ASDEFCON environment
- Integration of systems incorporating embedded software
- Experience with Polarion ALM software
Love Going to Work?
We live our values and value our people. Our culture is vibrant and unique; our office is open and collaborative. Maybe you’d like to join the team in a game of tennis or head to the kitchen for drinks, fresh fruit and more. In addition to great office perks, Thomas Global Systems offers an attractive salary and benefits package, a half-day Friday option, friendly colleagues and paid days off to support charity. We are proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.