- Apply your talent where it counts
- Join the dynamic team and provide critical strategic and operational services to support the procurement and subcontract management
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Procurement and Subcontract Officer in our team based either in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney or Perth.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We’re continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can’t be done from home and in those cases, we’re operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We’re finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia. Hear about our Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Procurement and Subcontract Manager, you will be accountable for the establishment, placement and management of the appropriate contracting arrangements with capable suppliers to deliver the cost, schedule, quality and safety requirements of the business whilst developing strong working relationship with suppliers, their supply chain and internal stakeholders.
This role will require an individual with a broad knowledge across all facets of supply chain, procurement and contract management to maximise value and minimise risk to the program and more broadly, BAE Systems
More specifically, you will
- Undertake the procurement of goods and services critical to the program through effective sourcing strategy development and contract management
- Effectively manage allocated tasks and small projects to achieve value for money for the program whilst minimising risk relating to cost, schedule, quality and safety
- Proactively manage the performance of suppliers and subcontractors to achieve the requirements of the contract, manage risks, identify opportunities and develop and embed the relevant key performance indicators (KPIs), and strategic performance measures
- Generate and manage the lifecycle management (LCM) procurement and subcontract management plans
- Lead the supplier evaluation process and support sourcing recommendations on behalf of the business
- Lead supplier negotiations and finalise Supplier Agreements and purchase orders in accordance with set procedures and Delegations Of Authority (DOA)
- Lead, manage and develop team members to deliver the required capability to meet the needs of the business and deputise for the Procurement and/or Subcontracts Manager as required
- Lead, manage and develop team members to deliver the required capability to meet the needs of the business
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- Demonstrated experience in strategic sourcing, procurement, contract management within a complex environment
- Good commercial skill with proven capability in contract negotiation and working in ambiguous environment
- An ability to form working relationship in a project or operational environment, with key suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to work under pressure, analyse critically and manage and prioritise multiple work activities
- Proficient user of ERP system such as Oracle, SAP or similar, Ms office package including word, excel and power point
Whilst not essential, degree qualification in procurement/supply chain or commercial with professional procurement qualification or a membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) discipline is desirable
BAE Systems’ advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it’s safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.