- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your production/maintenance planning skills on the new F-35 aircraft fleet
- On-going career development and flexible work practices
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Production/Maintenance Planner within our F-35 Joint Strike Fighter aircraft team in Williamtown (Newcastle), New South Wales.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We’re continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We’re finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
An opportunity have arisen for a Production/Maintenance Planner to demonstrate their technical expertise and partner with our Aircraft Sustainment business on the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter aircraft program. You will be part of an inclusive and supportive team, performing interesting work. This key position will report to the Planning Manager and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Plan the coordination of scheduled F-35 aircraft maintenance activities
- Provide technical expertise and ensure the effective operation of aircraft support systems, including its ongoing development and maintenance
- Provide advice on planning requirements for current and future maintenance activities
- Manage the resource planning system and ensure the system baseline aligns with program
- Manage enterprise resource planning through the analysis of technical data and development of work orders, bill of materials, work process flows and graphic aids
- Ensure expendables, consumables and tooling are available to carry out planned work
- Perform quality auditing activities on planning outputs, ensuring maintenance and modification activities are planned and documented in accordance with program requirements
- Undertake technical investigations arising from corrective maintenance requests and draft work instructions to enable a repairer to undertake the work to rectify the fault
- Co-ordinate and liaise with stakeholders to identify continuous improvement efficiencies, to facilitate best practice and lessons learned integration
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- Production/maintenance planning experience and technical experience in an aircraft maintenance environment
- A relevant trade or technical qualification
- Strong analytical and computer literacy skills
- Attention to detail, sound communication skills with the ability to develop effective relationships with stakeholders
Whilst not essential, an understanding of aircraft fleet management and DASR regulations will be highly regarded.
Don’t meet every criteria listed above? Don’t worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems’ advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it’s safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.