About the company
SAFRAN Electronics and Defense Australasia (SEDA), a SAFRAN high-tech company that holds world leadership positions in optronics, avionics, inertial sensors, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets.
This is an exciting time to join SEDA as they embark on rapid growth here in Australia, which has been supported by the recent move to larger facilities in Botany.
About the role
We are a seeking an experienced Program Manager to ensure the successful delivery of our SEDA products for a Future Submarine program. This role will work within a team structure and oversee the development of designs, Integrated Logistics Support functions, hardware and software and other supporting functions for military subsystems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Project manage SEDA equipment, systems and services related to optronic masts, navigation and radar, systems.
- Manage and coordinate the timeline to ensure project requirements.
- Direct customer relationship management.
- Local implementation of SEDA business strategy working in conjunction with Australian Commonwealth capability requirements.
- Develop project plans and documentation to address the local markets.
- Organisation of local project reviews and meetings.
- Provide support to the Sales & Marketing team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive experience in Project Management.
- Minimum 10 years military service and/or defence business related experience, would be advantageous.
- Tertiary qualification in Project Management or Engineering.
- Specialised knowledge and/or practical application of optronics, navigation and/or radar systems for submarine systems is desirable.
- Experience with defence Earned Value Management Systems - desirable.
- Specialised knowledge and/or operational understanding of Software Management.
- Advanced use of MS Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Project).
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Established good working relationships with ADF organisations or local industry.
- Can obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1.
- Proactivity, autonomy and rigour.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number PM0119.
Applications for this role will only be accepted if submitted through the below link:
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.