Program Manager- Navy
Position No 1308
About the business
The Australian subsidiary of Rohde & Schwarz has been operating in Australia since 1981. It is part of a global, privately owned company with 12 000 employees worldwide.
Rohde and Schwarz is a company that develops and manufactures electronic goods for Defence, industry, infrastructure operators and government customers.
The independent group is among the technology leaders in integrated communications solutions, including wireless communications and RF test and measurement, broadcast and media, air traffic control and military communications, cybersecurity and network technology.
Our customers include both government and private organisations. We design, integrate our products, deliver system engineering solutions and provide local calibration and testing service options from our ISO and NATA accredited on-site labs.
About the role
The Program Manager - Navy will be responsible for delivery of all Rohde & Schwarz Australia Navy Programs.
The Program Manager - Navy leads a team Project Managers to ensure delivery of Program(s) to schedule, budget and risk with focus on achievement of AIC targets.
The purpose of the role will be, to lead, develop and manage the success of the company’s Navy Program function: You would;
- Be responsible for developing a strategy to ensure commercial success, particularly focused on the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of Naval Projects delivery.
- Lead the teams to create revenue through managing and coordinating quality projects to time and budget.
- Drive continuous improvement of the function in a structured and logical way so that it pre-empts and surpasses the changing needs of the business.
- Develop and improve high-level stakeholder relationships this includes internal and external customers.
- Drive results by showing initiative and achieving results reliably, with broad perspective, pragmatism and persistence
- Show personal agility by adapting flexibly to new situations, pursuing new paths and learning from mistakes
- Be commercially astute and have experience of working at a similar level
- Be calm under pressure and be able to articulate solutions
- Be a role model to others
Should you be successful in this role, we will be able to offer you:
- A competitive salary package that includes bonuses, 17.5% annual leave loading and salary continuance insurance;
- Free on-site parking is available as well as being within a great public transport hub that is close to the office;
- Training and development opportunities to keep your skills up-to-date;
- Flexibility for work life balance.
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will:
- Previously have delivered projects with value greater than AUD$20 Million within an Earned Value Management framework
- A Bachelor of Engineering, or similar relevant qualification
- Have recognition as a Project Management and Program Management Practitioner
- Have Post Graduate qualifications in Project Management or related field
- Be eligible to gain and/or hold an Australian NV1 security clearance
How to Apply
If this sounds like the type of environment in which you thrive in and you would like to play a key role in the growth of Rohde & Schwarz, then we would love to hear from you. Please address how you meet the essential requirements in your cover letter and submit your application and resume via the "Apply for this job" link provided.