- Apply your talent where it counts
- Engineering leadership opportunity to work on a significant Defence program and flexible work practices
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Project Engineering Support Manager in our team in Garden Island (Potts Point), Sydney.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We’re continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We’re finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
An opportunity now exists for a talented Project Engineering Support Manager to provide leadership and engineering expertise on the DDG naval ship program within our Maritime Sustainment business.
This engineering leadership position will report to the DDG Project Engineering Manager and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis. You will have the opportunity to join a united and engaging team, and provide a meaningful contribution to the Maritime Defence Industry.
This opportunity will see you:
- Provide guidance and leadership to the engineering team, ensuring technical integrity is maintained across the DDG naval ship program
- Oversee the engineering assurance of the DDG program, ensuring the engineering management systems and technical integrity is maintained across performed engineering activities
- Responsible for the engineering management delegation authorising all deliverables from the project
- Lead special engineering project activities relating to the remediation of cross functional or cross domain engineering issues
- Engage and communicate proactively with key stakeholders and other entities within the DDG enterprise
- Provide support to the Engineering Manager, acting as second in charge and in their absence, act as the Engineering Manager
- Estimate, resource and deliver the engineering effort required for the technical solutions with consideration of quality, cost and schedule
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- Extensive engineering experience and the ability to obtain accreditation from the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Engineering management and people leadership experience with the ability to lead and inspire teams, fostering a high performance culture
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to influence and develop effective working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- A continuous improvement mindset with a solutions focused approach
Whilst not essential, extensive engineering experience in the maritime, naval ship or the defence industry will be highly regarded.
Don’t meet every criteria listed above? Don’t worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems’ advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it’s safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.