If you are looking for:
· A career with market leading engineering business developing and applying precision motion products and system in the most demanding industrial and defence related application
· A workplace where an environment of trust and respect stimulates innovation and continuous learning validating your ideas and concepts in real applications
· An opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills in the multicultural, multi-skilled team that relies on individual integrity, fosters individual responsibility, and promotes excellence in performance
· Enjoy the Australian life style whilst be part of the global organisation collaborating with colleagues all over the world solving complex engineering problems
Look no further – Moog is the right place for you.
Moog Inc. is a leading global supplier delivering motion control and electronic solutions to the military. With a heritage in defence dating back to the early 1950s, Moog customers recognise us for accurate weapon systems, fast ammunition handling, precise steering control of missiles, and near silent actuation for submarines.
Moog Australia Pty Ltd. established in 1979, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Moog Inc. As a Defence Recognised Supplier since 2003, Moog Australia has been actively supporting the efforts of Australia and New Zealand’s operational and training forces.
Moog provides mission critical sub-systems and components on platforms including the F/A-18 Hornet and Super Hornet, Black Hawk, AP-3C Orion, ASLAV, M113AS4, M1A1, LHD, AWD, Collins Class Submarine, and future aircraft including the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter.
We have an opportunity within our team for an enthusiastic Project Manager reporting to the Managing Director.
Summary of Job:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Project Manager will have project management oversight and responsibility for small to medium projects ranging from “facility expansion”, “capital equipment procurement and commissioning”, “Internal Research & Development (IR&D)” and “Customer Driven Engineering projects”. Deliverables will including project planning, cost tracking, delivery schedule management and risk mitigation.
Key Accountabilities :
- Project management responsibility for multiple assigned projects, including planning, cost tracking, delivery schedule and risk mitigation
- Support communication for diverse project specific stakeholders eg: suppliers, customers and Moog internal teams
- Provide support to ensure that designs meet applicable standards (performance, reliability, safety, producibility, legal compliance etc)
- Provide regular reports on the standard range of project KPI’s and Measure of Performance (MOP) including hour recovery using Enterprise Project Management systems and additional tools as required
- Assist with the creation of designs, cost estimates and technical proposals for new business opportunities
- Facilitate project coordination for specific customer projects and support direct customer relationships
- Support the bid/no bid process and project review process (PDR, CDR, SRR etc)
- Provide contractual project support, co-ordinate contractual negotiation/review and support commercial sales negotiation
- Follow Moog systems and procedures for product development, design and production, and contribute to the development of improved systems and procedures
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management/Business Management/Engineering (advantageous)
- Project Management Professional (PMP, PMBOK) Certification (advantageous)
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Defence industry experience (advantageous)
- NV1 clearance or eligible for NV1 clearance
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of motivation and willingness to learn
- Strong work ethic
Location: Heatherton (Melbourne office)
Language Skills: English (Business level: spoken & written)