Project Manager position available in Sydney based construction company working primarily on Defence construction projects.
About the business and the role
CC Pines is a well established medium sized construction company based in Oxford Falls on the Northern Beaches of Sydney. We work primarily within the Government sector of the industry with projects located Australia wide. The Department of Defence is our main client.
A permanent opportunity has become available for a Project Manager to join our vibrant team with an immediate start.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, you will spend the majority of your time based in our Head Office although you will be required to visit our project sites from time to time.
To be the successful candidate, you will have experience in the construction industry working as a Project Manager, or as a Project Engineer or Contracts Administrator looking to move into a project management role. Alternatively, related experience within other sectors of the construction industry, or experience as a serving Defence member coupled with a desire to move into the construction industry, may be suitable.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Your role and responsibilities include:
- Manage and liaise with clients (primarily Defence stakeholders), consultants, subcontractors and suppliers
- Successfully complete project delivery in line with well developed company processes and procedures
- Ensure projects run in line with contractual agreements and programs
- Estimate and order building materials in line with project requirements and obligations
- Prepare reports as required
- Prepare and submit project notices as required under the contract
- Prepare and submit variation documentation as required under the contract
- Manage Site Foremen, Contract Administrators, Project Engineers and Safety/Quality Officers
- Interpret specifications and drawings
- Build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders
- Attend regular project meetings with the Client Stakeholder Groups
Skills and experience
The skills and requirements you will need for this role include:
- Well-developed project management knowledge and experience
- Well-developed technical building knowledge and experience
- Well-developed leadership skills
- Good awareness of Defence as a client
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to liaise professionally with clients and stakeholders
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
- Drivers licence and own car preferable
Your character traits will include:
- Personal composure
- Personal resilience
- High personal morals
- Strong work ethic and sense of ownership
- Attention to detail - we don't just deliver via subcontracting
CC Pines is a company that has grown in a sustainable manner and is continuing to do so – we provide attractive career progression and a professional, enjoyable and positive working environment. If you are looking for an environment that provides more than just a desk, look no further!
Attractive salary offered commensurate with experience plus a benefits package aligned towards healthy living, flexibility and professional development.
To apply for the role, please email your CV to email@example.com. To discuss the role, please call Clare on (02) 9017 4540.
Should you feel that you would be more suited to an entry level Project Management position please continue to submit your application – we are always looking for switched on staff to join our business at more junior levels.