About the Role
Reporting to the Director: Defence and Space and positioned in our Chancellery and Council Services unit, the Project Officer provides a broad range of high-level project and operational support for work undertaken by the Director: Defence and Space. The role establishes strong networks and working relationships with key staff across Divisions, the wider University and external stakeholders to support defence and space related strategies and initiatives.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Draft submissions, presentations, briefings and discussion papers in response to a range of requests from internal and external offices/agencies
- Support through researching defence and space initiatives at both local and national level
- Generate succinct and clear strategic analyses of complex information and data sets
- Manage projects relevant to the University’s defence and space strategy
- Liaise with stakeholders on behalf of the Director and utilise these relationships to contribute to the development and delivery of courses
Essential Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a field relevant to the operations of the defence and space portfolio and experience, or demonstrated equivalent experience, knowledge and skills
- High level written communication skills, and demonstrated ability to write complex reports, business cases and other documents
- Demonstrated ability to undertake projects with a high degree of autonomy
- Understanding and or experience of the Defence and/or Space industry at a state and national level
- Highly developed critical thinking, conceptual and analytic skills and experience in undertaking quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Jessica Frisari, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 3481.
Applications close: 11:30pm Monday 25 October 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.