About the company
SAFRAN Electronics and Defense Australasia (SEDA), a SAFRAN high-tech company that holds world leadership positions in optronics, avionics, inertial sensors, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets.
This is an exciting time to join SEDA as they embark on rapid growth here in Australia, which has been supported by the recent move to larger facilities in Botany.
To find out more about SAFRAN please take the time to view our 2018 Group Highlights
About the role
The purpose of this role is to support the Program Manager to meet customer requirements and standards for the delivery of sensors & systems for a Future Submarine project. The incumbent will be required to assist with the coordination of the program and lead the administrative activities including administration of contractor activities, reporting, record keeping and involvement in project management activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with project planning, including:
- Development of Contract Master Schedule,
- Management of Integrated Baseline Review,
- Delivery of Earned Value Management program,
- Other Project Management activities.
- Support the delivery of daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer specifications.
- Ensure the team are meeting quality and delivery expectations,
- Minimise overall costs where possible.
- Ensure the required best working practices are maintained at all times.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary Qualification in Business Management or Project Management.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in project support or project administration.
- Skills and experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP), MS Project, Earned Value Management (EVM) and tools to support project planning and monitoring.
- Experience delivering projects in an ASDEFCON environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1.
- Good working relationships with ADF organisations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making.
- Commercial and Financial acumen.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proactive, Autonomous, Rigorous, Organised.
- Strong work ethic.
- Interest in advanced technologies.
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number PSO0419.
Applications for this role will ONLY be accepted if submitted through the below link:
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.