About the company
SAFRAN Electronics and Defense Australasia (SEDA), a SAFRAN high-tech company, holds world leadership positions in optronics, avionics, inertial sensors, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets
This is an opportunity to join the market-leading subsidiary of a multinational aerospace, and defence organisation currently located at Bankstown Airport, with an expected move into new facilities in Botany in October 2018.
About the role
We are a seeking an experienced Research and Development Engineer to create new business opportunities by researching and identifying potential prospects within the Australian market. You will need to analyse current products and issues to innovate and improve Safran Electronics & Defense Group’s Research & Development strategy in Australia.
Key Duties and Responsibilities, but not limited to;
- Identify SED products for the local market. Research potential opportunities, by identifying current products and issues in order to innovate and improve SED’s product for the Australian & New Zealand market.
- Establish relationships with universities, research intuitions and other local companies. Identify potential scope of work for each and assess if they will meet SAFRAN strategy.
- Maintain all documentation of product and processes.
- Study and establish cooperative research and partnerships with local Australian companies and/or universities.
- Develop and Implement a R&D strategy for SEDA.
- Conduct R&D activities for SEDA projects.
- International and domestic travel would be a job requirement from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering
- Previous experience in a similar role would be highly regarded
- Experience working within the defence industry - desirable
- Strong understanding of Safran Electronics & Defense Group’s technology and products
- Strong understanding of Safran Electronics & Defense Group’s development strategy
- Sound understanding of the Australian defence electronic market
- Expertise in Optronics & sound knowledge in Navigation
- Advance use of Microsoft office (word, excel and powerpoint)
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Baseline or similar (i.e NATO)
- Attention to detail and effective analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Innovative and highly organised
- Proactive, Autonomous, Rigorous
- Interest in advanced technologies
- Strong work ethic
- French speaker would be advantageous
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Applications for this role will only be accepted if submitted through the below link:
Please note that to submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number RDE0818