Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As the JORN Risk and Opportunity Manager you will lead the maturation of the Risk & Opportunity framework and baselines in accordance with the project strategic direction, Contract requirements, the corporate BAE Systems PM Framework and ISO31000:2009.
You will provide active leadership to ensure effective management, monitoring and control of all risk and opportunities across the JORN programs (Acquisition and Sustainment Contracts).
This role will be based at our Edinburgh Parks site.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead continuous improvement of the project's integrated Risk and Opportunity framework
- Maintain the program Risk & Opportunity Management Plan (ROMP) and Register/s
- Actively engage with and Provide assistance and training support to the broader enterprise team in the use of Predict!, and in Risk & Opportunity methodologies
- Work closely with the Project Controls team to support quantitative schedule risk analysis (Monte Carlo analysis).
- Co-ordinate the monthly ‘drum-beat' of Risk & Opportunity activities including, but not limited to, Integrated Project Team (IPT) Risk and Opportunity Management Boards (ROMBs), running of Monte Carlo models, preparation of internal/external reports.
- Facilitate the monthly program and customer (Primary) ROMBs
As an ideal applicant, you will present with:
- Extensive knowledge of project / program Risk and Opportunity management strategies and treatment activities.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of operating within a complex program environment
- Demonstrated experience leading others to deliver outcomes, coupled with strong interpersonal and motivational skills
- Proven ability to exercise initiative and judgement, anticipate needs, and determine appropriate actions and strategies
- The ability to recognise patterns, trends or missing aspects and analyse data
- Working knowledge of Predict! v5.2 would be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at:
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.