We are an independent business specialising in engineering, science and management services in the defence and maritime sectors.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today's business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, along with competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
About BMT Defence and Security
BMT is a leading engineering and project management consultancy, delivering world class innovative solutions within the Defence and maritime sectors. We provide access to exciting and challenging projects, with opportunities for our people to expand their expertise and shape the industries in which we work.
As a company we are dedicated to building lasting client focused relationships. Our people are continuously improving themselves and our business to provide our clients with technically excellent and innovative solutions. We enjoy a collaborative and inclusive working environment, and maintain our integrity at all times.
Joining our team gives you access to our world class engineers and project managers, in an environment where new ideas are encouraged and nurtured. We are an employee benefit trust which means that our profits go directly back to our people through continued development and profit sharing.
Our employees enjoy:
- competitive remuneration and benefits package
- bonus based on company profitability
- ongoing professional development and training
- flexible work arrangements
- a culture of diversity and innovative thinking.
This is a full-time position located in Sydney. The successful candidate will join a team of outstanding professionals distributed across Australia, where they will contribute to the in-service support of a variety of platforms. We will provide the mentoring, experience, training and support to obtain Chartered Engineer status at the earliest opportunity.
The successful candidate will have many of the following:
• A recognised university degree in Naval Architecture or Maritime Engineering;
• At least 5-10 years of related experience in the maritime field;
• The ability to lead the design and development of engineering changes, feasibility studies and technical investigations;
• Working towards or a willingness to achieve Chartered Engineer;
• Strong communication and project management skills;
• Ability to work in a team environment;
• Demonstrated knowledge of relevant standards and regulations and their impact on design;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
• Experience in shipbuilding, marine production, submarines and/or project management will be considered as assets.
Candidates are required to hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence security clearance.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and must include:
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A CV outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Starting Date: ASAP