Thomas Global Systems designs, produces and supports innovative electronic systems solutions for commercial aviation and defence applications. Since 1956, we have built a global, industry-leading reputation for practical innovation and dependability. We specialize in flight deck avionics, military ground vehicle display technologies and specialized mission systems. We operate high technology R&D, advanced manufacturing and support facilities in Irvine, California and Sydney, Australia.
Driven by market-led, practical innovation, a great culture and consistent revenue growth, we are working hard to unleash the full potential of every team member. As a result of our continued business growth and, in particular, the expansion of our Engineering centre of excellence in Sydney, we are always looking for passionate engineers who are eager to deliver their best work in a highly collaborative environment offering great benefits. We hire great people and then trust them to be great.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Administrator to be based in our Sydney, Australia facility. This key role will report directly to the Engineering leadership team, working closely with our existing globally based team members. We require a highly motivated professional who will become an integral member of our Engineering team.
About the Role:
- Western Sydney location
- Full-Time ongoing role
- Very close to Train station
- Assist Project Managers, Engineering Team and other stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of Engineering projects and programs
- Provide a high standard of customer service in the delivery of duties to support the organisation and meet our customer’s needs
Specific role requirements:
- Project manage small contracts through the project lifecycle
- Well organised and driven to deliver on project outcomes
- Assist with project planning, procurement and programming
- Preparing submissions with the project manager
- Assist with project budget/ cost control
- Reviews, coordinates, tracks contractually deliverables such as CDRLs and other documentation
- Supports the closure of action Items, including weekly internal and external stakeholder meetings
- Arranging meetings with subcontractors for work progress on site
- Support Estimates to Complete and Estimates at Completion (EACs)
- Organising meetings and conferences, including arranging venues, catering, sending invitations, and preparation of agendas and meeting documentation
- Support in administration of the project systems
- Preparation of correspondence including meeting minutes and memoranda, maintenance of documents and files
- Ability to manage the workflow correspondence tracking system
- Establish uniform correspondence procedures and style practices
- Support accounting with forecasts and schedules data for work packages and other individual tasks
- Proactively listening to our customer and engineering team
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in project oversight, analysis and/or administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products: Windows, Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Understanding of financial information as pertains to projects
- Able to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Attention to detail and follow-through is imperative
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- A good sense of humour and adaptable
- Proven record of delivering in a fast pace environment – ability to adapt
- Customer focus and well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to employ problem-solving techniques
- Attentiveness to deadlines and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Eager to learn and develop oneself, and energised to deliver
- Able to obtain Australian Government Defence Security Clearance
- Tertiary qualification in Administration or Engineering or related discipline
Love Going to Work?
We live our values and value our people. Our culture is vibrant and unique; our office is open and collaborative. In addition to great office perks, Thomas Global Systems offers an attractive Remuneration package including Half Friday option, Incentive opportunities, friendly colleagues and paid days off to support charity.
Thomas Global Systems are proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.