Senior Project Engineer
Thomas Global Systems designs, produces and supports innovative electronic systems solutions for aerospace and defence. Since 1956, we have built a global, industry-leading reputation for practical innovation and dependability. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, display technologies and specialized mission systems is strengthened by our dedicated service and worldwide support teams. As a direct result of our work, millions of people rely on our technologies for their safety every day. From our company’s offices and facilities located in Australia and the United States, we support our global customer base as a PARTNER OF CHOICE.
Driven by market-led, practical innovation, a great culture and consistent revenue growth, we are working hard to unleash the full potential of every team member. As a result of our continued business growth and, in particular, the expansion of our Engineering centre of excellence in Sydney, we are always looking for passionate engineers who are eager to deliver their best work in a highly collaborative environment offering great benefits.
About the Role:
- Western Sydney location
- Full-Time ongoing role
- Very close to Train station
What will You do:
- Provide technical leadership through the lifecycle of assigned projects, ensuring timely decisions & positive outcomes
- Accountable for the technical management of the project, including the delivery of technical milestones within the assigned budget and schedule.
- Comfortable presenting technical information to all levels of stakeholders - this is a customer-facing role
- Responsible for meeting the technical milestones of an assigned project
- Coordinate the project-specific technical task with all internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor and report the progress of your projects, identifying project issues and coordinating their resolution
- Support the project manager and engineering manager in delivering a successful project
- Willingness to jump in and help where required – leading by example
- Proactively listening to our customer and engineering team
- > 7 years’ experience in leading technical projects
- Problem solver and hands-on approach to getting things done
- Autonomous, structured and analytic working style
- Comfortable leading and supporting a team to do their best
- Convincing interpersonal and communication skills as well as good project management skills
- Experience working in Systems engineering environment
- Eligibility to obtain Australian Defence Clearance (must)
- A good sense of humour and adaptable
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or related discipline.
Desirable Experience (but please don’t let it stop you):
- Experience in Systems Engineering as it applies to Australian Defence Acquisition, including ASDEFCON.
- Developing systems and products within a regulated environment such as Aerospace and/or Defence.
- Integration of systems incorporating embedded software.
- Polarion ALM software.
Love Going to Work?
We live our values and value our people. Our culture is vibrant and unique; our office is open and collaborative. Maybe you’d like to participate in a game of tennis? Or head to the kitchen for drinks, fresh fruit and more. In addition to great office perks, Thomas Global Systems offers an attractive salary and benefits package, a half-day Friday option, friendly colleagues and paid days off to support charity. We are proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Director, HR & Corporate Services