Northrop Grumman is a leading global defence security organisation that makes a real contribution to our nation’s security. We provide innovative systems, products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, space, strike, logistics and modernisation to customers worldwide.
We have a significant footprint in Australia underpinned by a growing workforce of more than 500 personnel across the country. For more than two decades, we've been engaged in a wide variety of defence and civil programs in Australia.
Our cyber and intelligence specialists are uniquely positioned to meet the nation’s evolving security needs. Leveraging advanced, full-spectrum cyber capabilities, we deliver critical information when and where it is needed to keep our Australian government and Australian Defence Force customers better informed, connected and secure.
Right now, we're looking for an experienced and talented Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in a permanent capacity.
What you'll be responsible for as a Senior Systems Engineer:
- Defining, and documenting requirements using requirements analysis tools;
- Validating requirements using system modelling tools;
- Maintaining requirements baselines and manage changes;
- Utilising requirement management tools i.e. DOORS;
- Developing and managing system integration strategies, interface requirements, validation of test requirements, and identification of limitations / constraints;
- Identifying, designing and managing internal and external interfaces;
- Managing interface change;
- Leading/participating in interface working groups.
- Conducting functional and physical decomposition;
- Modelling system behaviour;
- Developing design components;
- Conducting and documenting technical trade studies.
- Establish sound V&V strategies and approaches;
- Developing a VCRM;
- Developing verification and validation requirements based on defined requirements and chosen verification methods;
- Writing engineering and analysis papers and reports.
- Collaborating with stakeholders and mentoring junior team members.
What we're looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Formal engineering qualifications in a related technical discipline;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to use holistic, systems thinking;
- Working experience in an ASDEFCON complex project environment;
- Certified INCOSE CSEP or Certified OMG OCSMP Model Builder;
- Experience with the INCOSE system engineering methodology;
- Knowledge and working experience with MBSE tooling such as Cameo Enterprise Architect, Enterprise Architect or Rhapsody;
- Knowledge and working experience of Requirements and Test management tools, especially DOORS, and HP ALM.
Why Northrop Grumman?
We’re entering an exciting period of significant investment and progress in Australia, which means growth and opportunity for us and for you. You’ll get exposure to operating in unique environments and exciting opportunities to work on cutting-edge technology and capabilities.
We’ll also offer…
Flexible work arrangements – achieve a healthy work/life balance with the opportunity to work a 4.5 day week or 9 day fortnight;
Professional Development Support – further education, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to Lynda.com;
Generous maternity & parental leave entitlements;
Employee Incentive Program.
If you're interested, reach out! We'd love to hear from you. Please contact Emily Guillot on Emily.email@example.com for any further information.
*All of or intelligence and cyber solutions positions are designated as requiring security clearance. Australian Citizens with current security clearance at a minimum of NV1 (SECRET) are encouraged to apply.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, and encourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply and consider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.