- Apply your talent where it counts
- Great opportunity to work in an industry leading culture and gain exposure to a trusted Defence company with diverse projects
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a SHIFT SUPPORT OFFICER in our team in Adelaide, SA
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We’re continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can’t be done from home and in those cases, we’re operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We’re finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia. Hear about our Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
The position involves working on a shift roster and out of hours routines and callout may be required on occasions.
Reporting to the Battlespace Surveillance Centre (BSC) Lead you will:
- Provide ongoing support for operations, maintenance and development for radars of the Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) and associated Mission Support and Analysis (MSA), Wide Area Network (WAN) aspects of JORN Radars and support for Australian / US Space Surveillance Systems.
- Support the operation and maintenance of the Battlespace Surveillance Centre (BSC) computer and network systems in accordance with the Maintenance Management Plan (MMP)
- Coordinate system level fault finding and rectification activities with technical and engineering support staff at Radar Receive and Transmit sites
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in propriety products used in the radar systems
- (As required) Work with BAE Systems Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) personnel to investigate and improve the operational and maintenance sustainability of Radar systems and sub-systems
- Carry out investigations into deficiencies and defects within the BSC operational support area
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- Experience as a qualified technician in a relevant discipline with demonstrated post trade experience involving the operation, maintenance and or development of medium to large defence based engineering systems
- Broad technical IT experience in multiple areas including networking, systems admin, and systems design
- Demonstrated experience in administering Red Hat Linux operating system, or the ability to gain knowledge in the administration of this operating system
- Certificate III or relevant experience in an electronic/computer system or related field or vendor (e. Linux, CISCO) certifications
Don’t meet every criteria listed above? Don’t worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems’ advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it’s safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must have an Australian Defence Security clearance. The role requires staff to hold a NV-2 clearance and to be eligible for a PV clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Vinodh.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.