DXC has exciting opportunities within Defence Systems Development and Integration team, driving the next generation of capability for the Commonwealth of Australia in mission systems development and support, synthetic warfare solutions and operational cyber capability.
This opportunity will enable you to work with cutting edge technologies across various Defence programs with a focus on business and operational systems. Being able to work on Defence projects inside one of the world’s leading-edge information technology companies will allow you to develop your career with DXC’s world leading online training university. We offer long-term career paths with a strong focus on next generation technologies and methodologies.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Software detailed design and development, including:
- Analysis and establishment of requirements, architectural designs and low-level designs;
- Production of software in accordance with the software designs
- Definition of test criteria and undertaking testing for all software units you have developed against the associated requirements
- Involvement in the peer review of software developed by others; and
- Close collaboration with other team members to learn from each other and gain additional relevant skills
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in an Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrable experience in software design and development on projects to industry standards (Defence standards are preferable but not mandatory)
- Demonstrable experience working within Agile teams
- Demonstrable experience in any of the following environments: Linux, Windows, Android, iOS, Virtualisation
- Demonstrable experience using one or more of the following technologies: NoSQL, SQL, WildFly/JBOSS, Automated Build and Test
- Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Analytics, Data Science, Cyber Security, Networking, Web Development, Hadoop (desirable)
- Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket, Bamboo, Ant, Git (desirable)
In order to be eligible for this position, candidate MUST have an active Australian Defence security clearance or be eligible to obtain one at a minimum of NV1 level. Therefore, candidates require Australian Citizenship.