What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh, vibrant place to work, Saab backs its commitment to offering a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours, and an active Social Club.
As a Software Engineer within our Maritime group, you will be responsible for the specification, design, development, documentation and testing of software components.
Key responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Participating in the development and maintenance of software components and associated simulators;
- Participating in the specification of software components;
- Designing, implementing and testing of software components;
- Producing all artefacts required for deliverables and internal reviews;
- Participating in reviews of software and documentation;
- Planning, prioritising and delivering assigned tasks within the agreed scope and schedule.
- A current NV1 security clearance will be highly regarded.
Your skills and experience
- Experience in Ada and/or Java is essential;
- Experience in writing software requirements for software components within software intensive systems;
- Experience in designing, developing, testing and defect resolution of software components within software intensive systems;
- Tertiary qualifications in software engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline;
- Experience in C#, C++, Bash, Python, Go, Dockers, Jenkins, Git, Clearcase, Java Swing or Linux is desirable.
- You will also have strong problem-solving skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
Closing date for applications is 29 July 2018. Please contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.