- Join our growing industry and deliver value to the business
- Customer facing role and with strong stakeholder engagement skill to ensure people, process and technology work together to achieve the desired outcomes
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We have a multiple opportunities to join our Hunter Class Program as a Supply Planner Expediter based in Osborne, South Australia. This is predominantly an office role with some flexibility to work from home when required and some afterhours meeting attendance will be required with UK from time to time.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We’re continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can’t be done from home and in those cases, we’re operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We’re finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Lead Supply Planner, you will be responsible to optimise the flow of materials from suppliers through to production, as well as returns, to meet the needs of the customer, in a safe, cost effective and efficient manner. You also will be working closely with various areas of business involved in the supply lifecycle to ensure the material availability is maintained throughout the build program by establishing effective supply plans and managing expediting activities.
More specifically, you will
- Undertake long, medium and short term planning across procurement, logistics, warehouse and yard to meet production schedule and requirements factoring in criteria such as shelf-life, order volumes, space and restrictions
- Work with planning and procurement to establish supply plan solutions and ensure early warning signs are in place to manage risk, change and to key scheduled activities
- Evaluate tender documentation to assess supply planning and logistics activities
- Assess material availability against medium and short term planning and expedite activities where necessary to reduce risk to production schedule
- Analyse, forecast, review demand and project plans to determine statistical demand plan, gaining alignment against supply
- Establish and maintain appropriate supplier relationships to facilitate the timely delivery of material in accordance with schedule
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- Degree qualification in business, logistics, supply chain or in related discipline is desirable
- Demonstrated experience in supply and demand planning within supply chain or a heavy manufacturing environment
- Sound experience in expediting role monitoring local and overseas logistics
- Business process improvement experience preferable
- Forward thinking and strong communicator coupled with an ability to engage effectively with wide range of stakeholders and customers
- Proficient MS office skill with Good knowledge of WMS and ERP systems
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At BAE Systems Maritime Australia we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.