Apply your talent where it counts as a SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING MANAGER with our team in WILLIAMTOWN, NSW within Aircraft Sustainment.
Williamtown is situated within the Hunter - one of the largest river valleys on the NSW coast, and is most commonly known for its world-class wineries and breathtaking coastline. It is a 30 minute drive to Newcastle, which is surrounded by golden sand beaches and a beautiful working harbour. The cafes, restaurants and bars, unique architecture and rich history stretch from the city to the suburbs. The same distance to the North is another adventurer's playground - Port Stephens. These are just some of the great locations nearby to enjoy, whilst working on this iconic program.
About the Opportunity
Viewed as the role model for future through-life support performance based contracting, the Hawk Lead-In Fighter (LIF) project was established to provide and support an outstanding state-of-the-art fast jet training capability to the Royal Australian Air Force.
As the Supply Chain Planning Manager supporting the Hawk LIF project your primary purpose will be to manage the future supply and logistical requirements for the Hawk Lead-In Fighter to assure fleet serviceability and availability by forecasting and planning usage of consumables and expendables and equipment holdings to optimise the supply system at optimum cost.
Your role will encompass management and accountability across the total logistics phases from initial life cycle costing to stock level holdings across the warehouses.
Copy and paste the link into your broswer to find out more about our LIF program. https://www.baesystems.com/en-aus/what-we-do/hawk-lead-in-fighter
In more specific terms you will:
- Manage Repairable Item (RI) spares requirements analysis, demand forecasting, stagger and modification planning & improvement actions to minimise Spares vulnerability.
- Manage Consumable and Expendable (C & E) usage and stock forecasting enabling pro-active purchasing to avoid critical shortages.
- Manage RI OEM, C & E, Beyond Economical Repair / Beyond Physical Repair, Obsolescence and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Cost Accounts for the LIF Project.
- Manage LIF Logistics Support Analysis activities including Life Cycle Cost Modelling and Spares Requirements Analysis, supporting the drive for cost base reduction initiatives
- Provide first line Customer support for supply issues with the Australian Defence Force, the Hawk Operational Squadrons and Deeper Maintenance venues.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in planning procurement, logistics and materials management including prior experience leading and managing a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in Defence or Air sector supply chain / ILS process / practise highly desirable
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication abilities coupled with a high degree of commercial acumen
- Ability to form strong working relationships in a complex project environment, with major suppliers and their supply chains
Whilst not essential, a Diploma in Avionics or Airframe would be highly regarded
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Julie.email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.