At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
About the opportunity
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Manager to take on a lead role on the development phase of the Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) Phase 6 mid-life upgrade program. As the Surveillance Integrated Product Team Lead, you will be responsible for the management and delivery of all work elements within the Surveillance Integrated Product Team (IPT), for the development phase of the Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) program Phase 6 mid-life upgrade program. This development phase entails understanding the contractual requirements, managing the design, prototype development, systems integration, test and acceptance and ultimately delivering a complete data pack for the manufacture and build of the contracted deliverables, whilst ensuring compliance with quality and safety standards. Based in Adelaide and reporting to the Acquisition Program Manager, in this role you will:
- Provide effective leadership to Project Team members, including the Engineering team (ILS, Test & Validation, configuration and design) so as to ensure that project budgets and schedules are met and that the customer reports favourably on technical compliance with the specification and product quality
- Be accountable for the day to day management of a multi-disciplined project team and effectively mentoring, leading and developing all operational personnel to deliver within defined scope and schedule
- Play an active part of the JORN Acquisition Lead Team in accordance with BAE Systems and JORN behavioural charters
- Develop project schedules in conjunction with assigned project schedulers
- Advise and inform of any defects or potential defects in the quality of the products and services to support a proactive, prevention-based approach to the delivery of quality outcomes for the program
- Work with Finance to ensure the achievement of sound operational financial performance through effective budget management
- Carry out project reviews as required in achieving Project and internal Company review requirements, including preparation for and conduct of Contract Reviews and Phase Reviews
- Ensure a healthy and productive working environment is maintained in order to comply with environmental requirements and relevant OH&S legislation
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Extensive senior project management experience demonstrated within an engineering / manufacturing organisation
- Experience in executing ASDEFCON Acquisition projects
- A relevant Degree in a Project Management/Engineering/Manufacturing/business related discipline
- A proven track record in operational management and well developed asset and financial management skills, complemented by strong leadership capabilities
- Substantial familiarity and experience in the development and delivery of products within a Design/Development and Manufacturing / Production environment, where these may be complex in nature
- A track record of successful management of project teams, involving external contractors and partners and successful delivery in terms of cost, schedule and performance (Skilled in Earned Value Management)
- A well developed and practical communication and people development skills with experience of using these skills at all levels within an organisation
- An ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- Have a high level of customer focus and proven experience with customers at senior levels
Ideally, you will already hold a Defence Security Clearance.
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate Defence Security Clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Executive Recruitment, Projects and Campaigns. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.