About the company
SAFRAN Electronics and Defense Australasia (SEDA) is a SAFRAN high-tech company that holds world leadership positions in optronics, avionics, inertial sensors, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets.
This is an exciting time to join SEDA as they embark on rapid growth here in Australia, which has been supported a move to larger facilities in Botany late last year.
To find out more about SAFRAN please take the time to view our 2018 Group Highlights
About the role
We are seeking TWO Systems Engineer’s to work on complex system engineering tasks and concept development processes in support of a future submarine project. We are looking for candidates with strong knowledge in either Optronic sights systems and/or Radar, Navigation systems in a submarine situation. The successful candidates will support the Systems Engineering team and be required to define technical proposals considering project requirements, constraints including costs, schedule and risks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with customers in order to;
- Validate/clarify customer technical requirements.
- Respond to technical questions and provide clarifications / justifications.
- Provide technical assistance.
- Transfer system requirements in sub system needs by using functional and dysfunctional analysis.
- Perform impact analysis of system evolutions and propose solutions.
- During development and verification phases;
- Contribute to the analysis of the technical definition modifications and of the products configuration modifications, accordingly to maintainability, safety and security requirements
- Contribute to technical facts analysis, and contribute to fix issues
- Contribute to feedback analysis
- Perform technical studies and analysis during the development phase, by integrating constraints on the system life cycle.
- Define technical proposals considering project requirements, constraints, costs, schedule and risks, in accordance to directives of the Program Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Electronic Engineering, Systems Engineering or related discipline.
- Knowledge of Optronic sights systems and/or Radar, Navigation systems in a submarine situation.
- Knowledge of safety and security constraints.
- Proficiency in Design to Cost / Design to Value techniques.
- Architecture and system conception.
- Integration and Verification.
- Previous experience with reporting and document writing.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1.
- Decisive and self-starting attitude, with energy and motivation to be effective in a very demanding environment; &
- Strong Customer focused.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to liaise with all levels within the organisation
- High-level accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong problem solving techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, Autonomous, Rigorous, Organised.
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number SE0319.
Applications for this role will ONLY be accepted if submitted through the below link:
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.