- Be part of a global company, doing engineering development work on cutting edge technologies, including Australia's most successful defence export
- System Engineering opportunities available on the Nulka program - be part of a team that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Richmond, Victoria location
BAE Systems is Australia's most versatile Defence and Security Company. BAE Systems Australia's globally recognised skills have produced some of the world's most successful guided weapons and ship air defence systems, used by various NATO nations.
Exciting and rewarding opportunities have arisen and a full time systems engineer position is available to work on the next generation Nulka system). It's your opportunity to work on a unique product that helps protect the Navy personnel and platforms that protect us. You will be part of an inclusive and friendly team at our Richmond office on a permanent and full time basis.
As the Systems Engineer you will be responsible for the complete system development lifecycle:
- Undertake requirements analysis, functional analysis, architectural design and documentation
- Plan, manage and execute the system integration, verification and validation
- Perform hazard analysis and implement mitigation strategies to ensure system safety
- Maintain the system design and documentation in accordance with configuration management, change management and traceability processes
- Independently review peers' work, identify technical risks and unknowns and support planning activities
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- An engineering degree qualification coupled with relevant experience in systems engineering
- Experience in the design, development and verification of safety or mission critical systems
- Experience in systems integration, particularly of electronic or software based systemsDemonstrated experience with requirements and verification management within a structured toolset
- Familiarity with multiple engineering disciplines in particular electronics and/or software
Whilst not essential, systems engineering experience within a Defence or Aerospace environment will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.